Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation is a relative term...

As many of you faithful readers know, the time has arrived when certain people, generally seniors, graduate. I, in fact, am one of them. Now I say that graduation is a relative term, setting aside it's mathematical meaning. For instance, not only am I not done with classes, but I most certainly not done with all my schooling in my Life. So what does it mean to graduate? Is it merely an artificial milestone or what? I for one am going out of state for college, so it's a bit of a change, but what of those people who just go to a community college in their hometown? It's hardly different. Certainly you meet new friends, but you don't forget the old ones, and if they're good friends, you'll stay close to them all your life.

Here is a song I wrote concerning graduating:

They always say that they can’t wait

to graduate

and neither can I

But neither can I forget you at all

And in the fall

When I call

Remember that if I could


I would take both worlds and still will try

To make your world with every “hi”

Cause you’ll continue to make mine

More tolerable than it’s ever been before


They always say ttyl

forget the cell

But I’ll try not to

And I’ll try not to get caught up in what

Just doesn’t cut it

And you know, but

I’ll remind you, if I could



So, Things in Motion stay in motion

So can you slow me down?

They say emotion, what a notion,

Tends to spin us round.

I feel like I’m spinning too

But I’d just like the sight of you

So i think that I’ll spend the day

Not thinking bout going away

Cause you make it possible to say

No comments: